LMN ensembles perform at two events in South London for children with disabilities and their families
Monday 4th July 2016 12:59PM
Catch two free fantastic events in Lewisham this weekend for families with children with disabilities featuring Live Music Now ensembles Palisander (Lewisham People's Day - 9th July) and Tir Eolas (All Together Now at Horniman Museum - 10th July)
Saturday 9th July - Lewisham People’s Day
Lewisham People’s Day returns to Mountsfield Park, Catford, on Saturday 9 July. Gates open at 12 noon and the entertainment runs until 8pm.
Now in its 32nd year, festival goers can once again expect to be well entertained throughout the day by a succession of some of the best talent to be found in Lewisham and south east London. They will be performing a range of music from folk, jazz and funk through to rock, reggae and classical across six stages. Artists include UK Garage star Oggie who hails from Lewisham, The 286, Deaf Rave, Elf Kid, Koder, Motorcycle Display Team, The Divettes and Felix’s Rock Choir.
At 2.40pm Live Music Now recorder ensemble Palisander performs in the Kids’ Canopy (green area of the festival by George Lane). Just before, catch a performance and drum making workshop with Spare Tyre starting at 1pm.
For a map of the area and access to parking area for blue badge holders, click here.
Important access information:
- Mountsfield Park is a hilly site with steps at the Carswell Road entrance.
- George Lane tends to be the quietest entrance during the day.
- All areas of the park can be accessed on hard surfaced paths but many attractions will require travel over grass.
- Blue badge parking is available in the car park on Stainton Road (see map below).
- A BSL interpreter is located at the info tent.
- Accessible toilets are located at each toilet block.
- A breastfeeding tent and baby change is located in the green area close to the George Lane entrance.
- Lewisham People’s Day can get quite busy later in the afternoon.
For more information, visit www.lewisham.gov.uk/peoplesday
Sunday 10th July - All Together Now at Horniman Museum
Join Live Music Now and the Horniman Museum for an interactive and fun session of music making for families with children with disabilities and their siblings. Meet LMN musicians Tir Eolas, find out about their instruments and make some music of your own. Tickets are FREE but space is limited. Please email email@example.com to book yours or call the Community Learning Team on 020 8699 1872 x 129. Onsite car parking is available for disabled visitors. Please arrange at time of booking.