Updated 28 October 2020
Prior to the Covid-19 lockdown, Live Music Now musicians reached people in over 250 residential care homes each year. To continue to support and connect with people living in care and the hard-working and dedicated teams that look after them, Live Music Now has created an online offer that’s flexible and responsive to the needs of care teams across the UK.
The complete Live Music Now Online offer includes:
- Pre-recorded online concerts from all around the country from a wide variety of genres, available on the LMN at Home video library page for care homes: The library is updated with new concerts monthly. http://livemusicnow.org.uk/lmnonlinecare
- FREE Live-streamed ‘Live Music in Care’ concerts on Facebook Live: featuring a range of LMN musicians every Wednesday at 2pm. Join in with other care homes across the UK.
- Interactive online live music making and bespoke activities via platforms like Zoom
- Bespoke pre-recorded sessions for birthdays and holidays
- Personal 1:1 concerts for those shielding or in isolation.
- Outdoor live concerts when weather permits
- Support for planning and leading music activities in care: together with a range of delivery partners, we’ve been creating resources to help you ‘Keep Music Going in Care’ – from Covid-specific guidance on safer singing to making and using percussion and leading singing activities as well as a treasure trove of free online guides and resources.
If you are interested in finding out more contact Live Music Now’s Strategic Director of Wellbeing Douglas Noble at [email protected]