Musical Mondays Merseyside and Manchester will be kicking off Children’s Mental Health Week on 5th February with some fantastic online concerts for special schools!
Musical Mondays Merseyside (10:30 – 11:15)
Our wonderful Harpist, Alis Huws, (official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales), will be showcasing her amazing instrument – one of the most impressive and relaxing instruments there is! She will also be delivering another online concert with mainstream schools across Liverpool in the afternoon!
This concert is fully funded by the Merseyside Music Education Hub Alliance, and is open to all special schools across Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Warrington, Halton, St Helens and Wirral.
Schools will receive an email with the link to register – if you don’t receive this, please contact [email protected].
Musical Mondays Manchester (1:30pm – 2:15pm)
Fantastic Folk Duo, Filkin’s Drift – who recently walked 870 miles across Wales to raise money for Live Music Now – will be bringing some foot-stomping tunes and sea shanties to the classroom! Guaranteed to raise some smiles.
This concert is in partnership with One Education Music Service & My Hub. You will be sent the registration link if you have signed up to the programme, but if not, you can sign up directly by contacting [email protected]
Both concerts aim to lift children and staff moods, encourage participation and provide an opportunity for relaxation and enjoyment.
Reasons to register for Musical Mondays:
- They are easily accessible.
- In line with the National Music Education Plan, they enable all pupils to experience live music and performance, from the comfort of their own classrooms.
- They are interactive by use of the ‘chat’ function.
- They enable pupils to experience different genres, cultures, instruments and sounds.
- They are fun, relaxing and educational.
- They support children’s mental health.
We hope to see you there!